Welcome to Sanderson Ford
Sanderson Ford has enjoyed a wonderful relationship with our customers for many years. The reason is simple. We are members of the Phoenix community and, as such, we make every effort to maintain its goodwill. We accomplish this task in many ways, one of which is to make certain that all who visit Sanderson Ford are treated with professional courtesy and respect. Our business practices must be beyond reproach. Excellent service is the foundation of the reputation we enjoy.
History of Sanderson Ford
Don Sanderson Ford began operations on May 1, 1955. Our original dealership was located at 5630 NW Grand in Glendale. Prior to that time, the dealership had operated as Glendale Motors.
Don Sanderson (01/6/1913 to 12/14/1985) was born in Mesa and moved to the Glendale area when he was six. He attended Glendale and Peoria schools. After serving his country in World War II in the South Pacific, he returned to his own service station and used car lot at Central and Camelback in Phoenix. In 1950, Mr. Sanderson sold his business and began a career as a new car and truck salesman for Madison Motors, a downtown Phoenix Ford dealership. In the following 5 years Mr. Sanderson earned every sales achievement award Ford Motor Company offered. His successful sales career with Ford led him to purchase Glendale Motors on May 1, 1955.
Since then the dealership has enjoyed continued growth and massive expansion. In 1964, the dealership moved from its original location on Grand to a new location several blocks away, 5300 NW Grand where it operated until 1992.
After Don Sanderson's death in 1985, the "Don" was dropped from the name and we became known as Sanderson Ford, Inc. David Kimmerle took over as CEO at this time and the 35-year philosophy of "The Dealership That Service Built" continued without missing a beat. In October 1990, we opened our current state of the art service center on Maryland Avenue. It has 80 bays, 65,000sf of space and is air-conditioned (our technicians love it). The next two years brought the current showroom and general office facility on 51st Avenue. In March of 1995, we added a new Lincoln franchise on Bell Road which now shares its space with Sanderson Volvo of Phoenix.
Sanderson Ford will be celebrating 60 years of success in the Phoenix area in May of 2015. We have enjoyed every minute of serving the Phoenix, Arizona community and to see the bigger picture, view the below video, celebrating a family tradition for the last 60 years!
Our continued success is a reflection of the loyalty of our customers and employees and our employees' ability and dedication shown over the years we have been in business. Sanderson Ford will continue to accept its civic responsibilities and will always strive to assume its full share in promoting the welfare and progress of the community and its employees.
Our primary concern is the satisfaction of our customers. Our online dealership was created to enhance the buying experience for each and every one of our internet customers. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.