With good routine maintenance, your vehicle should continue to run smoothly for years. One of the most important maintenance steps is an oil change. This simple procedure can help maintain your vehicle’s performance and help prevent other damage. Here are five reasons why you should never skip an oil change.
- Lubrication. One of the main jobs of your engine’s oil is to keep engine parts moving freely. As the oil gets dirty, it gets thicker. If it is not replaced on time, it can cause more engine wear without providing proper lubrication.
- Cooling. Another role for your engine’s oil is to help draw out heat from the engine and its components. As the parts move, they create friction, which causes heat. The oil can help absorb that heat to prevent the engine from getting too hot.
- Cleaning. All around us the air is filled with dirt and dust. These particles can work their way into your engine. They can potentially cause serious damage. The oil collects the particles, sends them through the oil filter and keeps the engine running smoothly. However, the oil itself will eventually get too dirty and start to turn into sludge.
- Efficiency. As the oil gets dirtier, your engine has to work harder. This means it becomes less efficient and will use more fuel. Help maintain your vehicle’s fuel efficiency by staying on top of oil and filter changes.
- Longevity. Dirty oil not only makes your engine work harder, but it can cause the engine parts to wear down faster. When this happens, your vehicle will not last as long as it should, and you will have to go through serious, expensive repairs to keep it running. Routine oil changes can help make your vehicle last longer and may even make it more valuable when you decide to trade it in or sell it.
6400 N. 51st Ave.
Monday6:00am - 6:00pm
Tuesday6:00am - 6:00pm
Wednesday6:00am - 6:00pm
Thursday6:00am - 6:00pm
Friday6:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday7:00am - 12:00pm
6400 N. 51st Ave.
Glendale, AZ 85301
Phone: (623) 842-8685
Fax: (623) 842-8625
- + Disclaimers