Phoenix is the capital and largest city in Arizona. Known as the “Valley of the Sun,” the Phoenix metropolitan area, located along the Salt River, Gila River, and the northeastern corner of the Sonoran Desert, was originally settled in 1867. Having a subtropical desert climate, the area quickly became an agricultural haven known for its cotton, cattle, citrus, and copper. Following WWII, Phoenix became a hub for high-tech industries and culture.
The region has many things for natives and tourists to enjoy – so if you’re looking for some fun activities, here is a brief list of things to do in the Phoenix area:
1. Musical Instrument Museum – This is the only Global Musical Instrument Museum in the World. Enjoy a superb lunch at the award-winning Café Allegro or appreciate a concert in the MIM Music Theater.
2. Desert Botanical Garden – Walk the trails and learn more about desert cacti, flowers, and other flora at this botanical garden located in Papago Park.
3. Heard Museum – View Native American art and learn about the history and culture of local tribes through presentations, artifacts, and exhibits.
4. Camelback Mountain – Like the outdoors and want to see the best scenic overlook of Phoenix? Put on your hiking boots, pack plenty of water, and enjoy the beautiful views along the Camelback Mountain trails.
5. Chase Field – This is the home of the Major League Baseball team the Arizona Diamondbacks. Here, you can enjoy a respite from the hot desert by experiencing an evening baseball game under the Chase Field dome!
At Sanderson Ford, we are happy to serve the greater Phoenix area. Be sure to come visit us in Glendale, a short 20-minute drive northwest of the capital, for the best deals on Ford cars, trucks, SUVs, and crossovers.